Reid announces campaign for State Senate District 37 Fairfax County
Let's join together to Keep Virginia 'Virginia' and bring a Fresh Perspective to Richmond!
Article in the PatchMcLEAN VA – April 2, 2023 -- Today, I am announcing that I am the Republican nominee for Virginia State Senate in District 37, Fairfax County, and welcome your support and prayers.
Residing in Norfolk's wonderful Orthodox Community for three years, I learned that the man "who puts his trust in HaShem, Hashem (G-d) will be his security." I moved to McLean in December 2021 to be closer to my beautiful twins, Jamie and Lara (right) and to participate in the larger Jewish life that Greater DC offers.
And, thanks to faith in HaShem through Torah learning and self improvement, I feel I am in a better place now to serve Virginia than when I concluded 10 years of elected service in Loudoun County in 2017 (where I served as a County Supervisor and Leesburg Councilmember, winning all four elections).
I NEED YOUR HELP TO WIN ELECTION TO THE STATE SENATE
I am running for State Senate to help advance the pro jobs, pro people agenda Gov. Glenn Youngkin has instituted in Virginia and roll back "regressive" policies my Democrat opponent (an entrenched career politician) has supported.
Virginia is a great state to live, work and play because it is:
• Diverse in race, ethnicity, religion and political views (the birthplace of representative democracy in the Western Hemisphere in 1619!
• Low taxes
• Pro business, pro jobs
• Beautiful countryside; mountains and beaches
• Our great military presence and veterans
Many of us moved to Virginia from "Blue states" to escape crime, lack of jobs, high taxes, congestion and demise. Yet, when the Democrats gained complete control of Richmond in 2020, they instituted many of the very same BAD policies that are causing California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Maryland to hemorrhage jobs and people.
We must Keep Virginia 'Virginia' -- not turn it into New York!
At the same time, we need more bipartisanship in Richmond. Thankfully, or General assembly has not sunk to the lows we see in the US Congress, and if you know of my record in local office, I did not do what was "politically expedient" but put the needs of constituents first -- regardless of any political peril to me.
• That's why in 2014, I was the lone "nay" vote on the Loudoun County budget because it cut schools funding!
• That's why in 2012, despite my personal misgivings, I cast the pivotal vote to bring Metro to Dulles Airport and Loudoun, using a funding mechanism that puts the financial burden on the commercial properties near the Metro stations -- not all taxpayers.
• That's why in 2010, despite being in a recession, I backed NEW police in Leesburg due to a crime wave downtown.
• That's why I continue to support road and transit infrastructure, and will push hard to relieve the bottlenecks on I 95 from NoVa to Richmond, and seek needed improvements in transportation in my district, notably Fairfax County Parkway and Route 50.
On Education, I support teaching kids how to think, not what to think, and help students succeed - not lower standards by ending Honors and accelerated courses for advanced students. I support increased teacher pay, but NOT collective bargaining, which has been the death knell of failing Blue states.
I support our police and first responders -- and oppose "depolicing" efforts.
I worked successfully with Democrats in office as Republicans. My opponent waffles between Right and Left just to stay in office.
Aren't we tired of these kind of politicians?
I respectfully request your support and donations. Campaigns run on money and it seems every special interest in America has put campaign cash into my opponent's pocket. So, I need some of your "shekels" to get my message across to voters.
Please volunteer to help and click the donate button or send a check * The election is Nov. 7.
Please email me any ideas and background on issues of concern to you!
Thanks, G-d Bless and Baruch HaShem!
Ken Reid, McLean VA
703 779 8777
Learn more at www.KenReid.org
Note: There has not been a GOP nominee for State Senate against incumbent Democrat Chap Petersen since 2011.